a) Class A Fire Damage
This refers to fire damage caused by plastics, rubber, wood, cloth, paper, and flammable solids.
b) Class B Fire Damage
This is fire damage brought about by flammable solids and liquids. Usually, these causing solids can be liquefied. Something to note here is that fire resulting from cooking oils and fats is not part of Class B Fire Damage. The causes in this case include oil, wax, paint, gasoline, and petrol.
c) Class C Fire Damage
Have you witnessed fire damage caused by flammable gases such as natural gas, butane, propane, or even hydrogen? Then that is a Class C Fire.
d) Class D Fire Damage
Usually, this is caused by combustible metals such as potassium, magnesium, and sodium.
e) Class E Fire Damage
Commonly mistaken with Class A and B factors, Class E fire damage incorporates electrical elements. This is what differentiates it from Class A and B fire damages, as the fire-fighting mechanism is different here.
f) Class F Fire Damage
Class F fire is caused by cooking oils and fats. Usually, they are more severe compared to Class B and their damages are intense.
People panic when they see fire destroying property. However, this should not be the case. An immediate action could save some of the property. For instance, it is prudent to call the fire department in your vicinity. Secondly, your insurance agent should be the second call you make, as they will send assessors to come and check the damage.
Why Do You Need A Fire Damage Restoration Company?
Why do I need to hire a fire damage restoration company? Why can’t I simply do it myself? The answer is very simple. There are many reasons why you should call the experts, and here are just some of them.
After those fire trucks leave, your house will be drenched with water. Why bother trying to do the endless task of drying your house by yourself? Besides, it will likely take more time if you do it yourself, and if the water isn’t cleaned immediately, your house can turn into a haven for mold.
The ash and soot left behind by the fire can in no terms left where they are even for a short term. Fire leaves behind acid. Your furniture will start to turn yellow, your appliances will start to rust, and the paint will start peeling off your wall.
That’s right. Soot and ash get caught in your sofas and cushions. They travel throughout your house through the air ducts and get stuck there. They can also cause extensive damage to your lungs.
So if you’ve had a fire, don’t delay. This is not something you want to go all alone.
Fire damage can be a devastating event for a home. While some homes that are affected by fire damage may be complete teardowns, other damaged homes can be saved with some complex fire repair. If your home has been damaged by fire, it would be a great option to choose a professional fire damage company to help with your repairs. When choosing a fire damage company, there are several factors to take into consideration.
One factor to take into consideration is the company experience and reputation. Fire damage is a complicated item to deal with and no two situations are the same. Because of this, you should choose a company that has a lengthy history of repairing homes that are fire damaged. Spending some time online will also give you a good idea of the company’s reputation in regards to staying on budget, completing the work on time, and doing a good job.
You should also carefully consider the company’s insurance coverage. Fire damaged homes could have unforeseen structural issues. Because of this, you will need to ensure that the company has a full worker’s compensation and liability insurance policy, which will cover you and the company for any unforeseen issues.
Fire Damage Leaves Hidden Health Hazards In Its Wake
If your house has experienced a fire, it’s not enough that the fire was simply put out and extinguished. Even after the fire itself is seemingly gone, its effects remain, lingering on to haunt you.
One problem is mold. When the fire was put out, your house and furniture were likely soaked with water, and if left unattended, mold could start growing. Mold can cause some health damage.
But the real hazards left by fire damage is smoke. These days, there is no such thing as a wall that is only a wall. All houses have air conditioning and heat ducts in their walls, and when a fire occurs, smoke billows through the air ducts and travels all around the house.
In its wake, the smoke leaves plenty of ash and soot stuck in your walls. This is dangerous, as ash and soot can cause respiratory issues, and are damaging to the lungs.
As you can imagine, removing all that ash and soot stuck in your walls is not exactly something that you can do yourself. That’s why we are here to help you.
So if you’ve unfortunately suffered from a fire in your home, make sure to give us a call so that you can continue to live safely.